Tuesday, December 9, 2008

My boys....

Well, there aren't any pictures to go with this post.  I just felt like I had to keep a record of things these boys do that blow my mind!  They are constantly amazing me with their different personalities, I am so thankful for their differences!

Port:
I came in last night to find Port huddled over Ella.  He was whispering to her, "If you need me just call, okay!"  He kissed her and turned to me and said, "Mom, she can't whistle can she?"  I laughed and said no.  His sweet spirit is revealed through small things like that throughout our days.  I am thankful God has given him a sweet heart for others.  I'm also excited and expectant to see what He will do with Port!

Haynes:
To start this story you must know that I pray specific protection over Haynes each day.  If you knew his little personality, you would understand...hopefully this story will help you!  My mom is a super blessing, she comes over two mornings of the week to watch my kids so that I can go workout.  Not only is this a great blessing to me, but my kids love when Lolli comes over.  This morning I prompted my mom as I left, "Watch Haynes...he's a little nuts."
After working out my mom prompts me by saying, "We had an incident, but everyone is okay!"  Apparently while she was putting Ella in her car seat, Haynes went and found a dish washing detergent packet and decided to taste it.  She came around the corner to hear him spitting it out, which thankfully he only ate the powder.  To make a long story short, Haynes and my mom are now on the poison control list!  Thanks to my aunt Peggy for her help too!
I know that God is going to do great things through Haynes.  His adventurous spirit is contagious and will be used greatly for His kingdom.  As parents we pray that we will direct this spirit, but also keep Haynes safe in the process!!!

No comments: