Wednesday, February 3, 2010

God is SO Good!




Last week we unexpectedly announced to our close friends and family that we were expecting our fourth little baby! I had an ultrasound appointment and the baby was measuring small and they couldn't find a heartbeat. We decided to wait a week and go back for another ultrasound. We told our friends and family and just asked people to pray and believe with us that there would be a heartbeat on Monday when we went back to the doctor.
Our kids were so excited about their new baby, Port immediately named it "Sweety"! We had our close friends/spiritual family come over Sunday night to pray for us, we felt super encouraged and blessed. We truly believed that we would find a healthy baby on Monday morning. Unfortunately that was not the case, there was no change in the baby. We had told the kids that we would be having a party on Monday night celebrating that Sweety had a heartbeat...so as we left the doctor's office we decided that this was our opportunity to show our kids that we truly praise Jesus in the good times and we praise Him in the sad times.

Monday night we had a "God is still SO good" Party! We felt like it was important for the kids to see that we were sad, but that there was so much to be thankful for. If I wrote all the ways that God has been near to our family in the last week it would last forever...He is SO good to us! We have experienced a supernatural peace this week in a way that we have never experienced. Mostly we cling to the blessings that God has given us this week, we feel abundantly blessed through our kids, friends, and family. Thanks for all your love and support!

3 comments:

Laura said...

Sarah,
I have been thinking about you all day! Angie shared your sad news with me and I have tears running down my face right now as I read this!!! This is something that is so near to my heart and my heart truly breaks every time I hear someone is going through it! I pray many blessings over your sweet family!
I LOVE that you still had your party! GOd is so good!

Meg said...

your post brings tears to my eyes...you and Brian are such incredible parents and truly are the hands and feet of Jesus to your children and everyone who knows you! love you so much! (love the party!!!!)

Melanie said...

Sarah,

I am so amazed at your attitude during this very difficult time. I will be praying for you all as you continue to recover and look forward to all the blessings God is going to bring to you in 2010!

love you! Mel