Saturday, November 27, 2010

Let it begin...

One of my new favorite Thanksgiving traditions is with my family. Thanksgiving night our immediate family goes to my parents house for dinner. My mom makes our "favorites" from Thanksgiving and replaces turkey with fried chicken! There's nothing healthy about this meal, but it is so yummy and super relaxed!
After dinner Brian and Josh agree to help my mom get her huge Christmas tree out of the attic and set it up. This year the boys enjoyed riding the boxes like sleds down the stairs:-)
After the tree is up my mom hands out Christmas pajamas! (She used to do this on December 1st but has graciously let our family take on that tradition of our own) The kids LOVED handing out gifts to everyone. We all got cute matching pj's, but I didn't manage to get a picture...
Port was really confused why we would set up a tree and not decorate it, so the kids decorated her 12 foot tree. We thought that would be fine, but Port quickly noticed that the top of the tree was not being decorated and recruited some help.
Brian, Champ, and Josh were all amazing troopers. They carried all the kids on their shoulders and helped decorate the top of the tree. I'm pretty sure Lolli went through and redecorated it, but we had a great evening!

No comments: