Sunday, June 19, 2011

Tornado

The weather warned of HORRIBLE tornados all day long. Brian called around 2:00 and told me to go to his parents and spend the afternoon until he got home. I told the kids when I picked them up from school we were going to JuJu's they were THRILLED!
You wouldn't have known that we were preparing for a tornado it really looked more like a party. We just required that the kids stay close in case we needed to get in the raquetball court.
The rain and lightening came so we headed inside for a little bit. Aunt Kourtney was prepared with movies and snacks for the kids.
When the sirens went off we send the grandparents and kids into the "shelter" part of the courts. It was pretty chaotic, but we made lots of memories:-) This is one of my favorite moments when I looked over to see Papa playing cards with Ella. I think the final counts was around 70 people in our little shelter that night! Thank you Jesus for the protection!

No comments: