Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Mother's Day Tea Parties

 I was honored to be invited to three Mother's day tea parties in ONE week!  The are so many fun parts about these sweet parties.  I let the kids pick out my clothes for the parties and then offer to take them on a lunch date afterwards...they all chose to go on a date with me instead of staying and playing with friends...WOW!
The kindie tea party is a tear jerker thinking about how many years we have done this!  Then his sweet teacher puts together a video from the whole year...oh dear!!  Port chose for me to wear a HOT PINK dress and heels.  Then he chose Cafe Plaid for our date...pretty good date huh?!?  It's so fun getting one-on-one time with him now that he is getting older, our conversations are the sweetest thing in the world.  I love being your Mommy!
 This sweet kiddo is always making me laugh.  He wanted me to wear blue and heels...I wasn't surprised by the blue at all:-)  We did have a little issue about him dressing nice...surprise, surprise, surprise!  I finally told him that his teachers asked mommy's to dress nice because ALL the kids would be dressed nice.  If he didn't want to dress nice I could come dressed in my pj's too:-)  He dressed in his shorts and button shirt but lost the button shirt the MOMENT they were finished singing.  He chose Pickleman's for his lunch of choice.  I love you sweet kid!
Ella chose the most casual of outfits...slightly surprising.  She chose a dress from target and flip flops.  I was quite excited to see her perform all her songs because I thought she would LOVE it.  It was a pretty rowdy performance and I learned that she is A LOT like her daddy and is a people watcher.  Maybe she'll perform a little more next year:-)  She chose for us to eat at Bagel Cafe, I had a pretty great week of dates!  I love being your Mommy Ella Rose!

No comments: