Saturday, March 28, 2009

Rise and Shine!

Brian and I are usually up around 6 a.m. if not before, but sometimes our kids like to beat us out of bed.  We have created the rule that if the sun isn't up they have to be in their room.  They can sleep or play, but that's Mommy and Daddy's time with Jesus.  On Tuesday morning Brian goes to Early Morning Prayer at 6 a.m., so he was already gone.  I had been up all night with Ella, and just got her to sleep around 4 a.m.  Haynes came into my room around 6 a.m., and I quickly took him back to his room and reminded him of the rule.  I got back in bed trying to rest for just a few more minutes...
Around 6:20 a.m. I can hear a familiar toy, but I can't figure out what toy it is.  Then I start to hear Port and Haynes talking so I decide I should get up and investigate what is going on.  I walk out of my room to see Ella's door wide open!  My heart drops and I go running in there, because I can't figure out why her door would be open.  I quickly find Port, Haynes, and Ella all in her crib.  They have pulled the mobile down and are making the music play for her (the familiar noise) and have brought her a few more toys.  My response is "WHAT ARE YOU DOING!?!"  Port immediately realizes this was a bad choice and starts scrambling out of the bed.  While Haynes smiles and says, "Taking pictures Mommy, say cheese!" and holds up his Mickey Mouse cell phone.  
I am constantly telling people that my boys LOVE Ella almost to a fault.  They would never intend to harm her, but they just can't seem to stay away from her!!!

No comments: