Saturday, February 11, 2012

Pulling Teeth

This week Brian and Port decided that this was the week his tooth was going to come out.  They made a plan for Wednesday night...They tied a string to a football and his tooth and threw it across the room a few times...Brian got some pliers and tried to pull out his tooth...and then just a good old fashion tug...it's still there!
Thursday night he got hit in the mouth at a basketball game and one of the mom's is a dental hygienist.  She told him to suck on a Popsicle and then take a big bite out of an apple...didn't work.  I finally said no more, let's wait a little bit longer:-)
This is a perfect picture and description of my boys.  Port is my sensitive, a little dramatic one:-)  He is slightly scared, disappointed, and in some pain.  Haynes is the sweetest little brother that just climbed up on the bar and cried because his brother was upset.  I completely missed the picture the night before of Haynes climbing up and just hugged Port after the failed attempt.  Oh how I love brothers....
This week I asked Port what he would miss most about being at Gingerbread.  His response was, "playing with my brother and sister...when we go out after lunch Haynes always comes and finds me and says, 'Brother!'"  Oh my...yes I immediately started crying!  Praying God will prepare my kids hearts for that season.  I am so thankful to be creating sweet relationships between siblings.

No comments: