Saturday, April 14, 2012

Kidney Stones


Saturday morning I woke up early feeling like I slept crazy and had a crick in my back.  Brian had been gone all week to the Masters, I'd been packing up the house, so I didn't move all night I was so tired.  I rolled over and couldn't go back to sleep my back was hurting so bad.  I decided to get up and try to stretch while I was reading.  I had taught Maddie her tryout routine the day before and couldn't believe that I had actually hurt myself!!  I couldn't hardly walk downstairs, but my parents were down there.  We problem shot for a little bit until I couldn't hardly stand the pain.  
Brian came down and started problem shooting with us and decided to call Cathleen.  They couldn't decide if it was kidney stones or my appendix.  We finally decided to head to the ER despite the fact, the kids had pictures in the next hour!
When I got to the ER the pain just got progressively worse to where I was actually throwing up!  My nurse was amazing and tried to get me an IV started, but blew out my first vein.  He then went for the kid size IV and got it in.  I quickly got some morphine and meds to break up the kidney stone...
I came home and took a short nap because we had a full day.  When I woke up I still felt really drugged but felt NO pain!  I haven't felt any pain since!!  When we were admitted to the hospital I asked Brian to pray for me so that I could be healed and do the rest of our day...isn't God SO good!!

No comments: