Saturday, January 3, 2009

The North Pole


Waiting to see Santa
Santa telling the Christmas Story
The Train ride


I decided to take the kids to the North Pole to see Santa.  My mom, Lolli, came with me to enjoy the experience.  We got there right as the doors opened and were there for two hours!  The boys got to ride the train, which they loved!  We walked around and looked at all the Christmas decorations and then got to go sit and listen to Santa tell the story of the first Christmas.  Haynes got a little restless, Ella never made a sound, and Port loved it!  When Santa got to the part in the story about the Wise Men bringing gifts, Port said, "We talked about that this morning...it's gold!"  
When it was our turn to go talk to Santa, Port asked for a guitar for Christmas.  Next was picture time...Haynes wasn't real sure about sitting on Santa's lap.  My description is that "little angels/helpers" came out and distracted Haynes, so that I have the greatest Christmas picture of all my kids with Santa.  It was a great morning, enjoying Santa but remembering that we are celebrating Jesus this season!

No comments: