Saturday, January 17, 2009

Our kids!

I started this blog so I could write down things about my kids that I would forget otherwise....Port is three years old and his ability to communicate scares me at times!  One of his favorite things is to comment on my hair.  He prefers it to be "down" always!  Anytime my hair is pulled up he wants to know when I am going to put it down.  The other day he was upset that I was putting him in his car seat instead of my mom.  He told me, "I don't like you"  which he quickly followed with "actually I just don't like your hair down."   Good quick recovery, but don't worry he didn't get away with "unkind words!"

Haynes is 20 months old and definitely keeps me on my toes!  He is starting to communicate more words each day.  We were laughing that his most clear word is "Sorry."  Obviously, we use that one quite often!  After he says sorry he proceeds to give a Papa Bear Hug (named by Brian) where he hugs the person (usually Port) and grunts three times, like he is squeezing them tighter with each grunt!

Don't think we forget about Ella around here, she just doesn't cause too much commotion right now!  She has been sleeping through the night for over a month.  She has a great smile and laugh!  She is growing daily, and such a blessing to us.  We are thankful for our healthy, beautiful baby girl!

As their mom I am thankful for teachable moments like these with my boys.  They are realizing that we are born in sin and that we need Jesus daily!  Some days look better than others, but we are thankful daily for the grace of Jesus!

No comments: