Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Easter Baskets

Boys with their baskets
Ella's first Easter

My mom has created a love for family traditions in me, so much that Brian is often asking is this a holiday that we do gifts?  To this day, my mom still makes an Easter basket for me...and I love it!  We forgot to tell the boys about Easter baskets until we were taking them to bed Saturday night which lead to lots of questions.  Port asked if everyone (Daddy, Braxton, Sutton, Haynes, Ella, etc) would get a basket.  As I left the room he asked if I would get one, and I told him that I wasn't sure. (Brian and I hadn't really talked about this part of Easter)  On Sunday morning, after we celebrated Brian's birthday and then everyone opened Easter baskets, Port came over and hugged me and said, "the bunny must have dropped yours mom, sorry!" 
I want to clarify that I tell this story not to  take a shot at Brian but for two reasons.  First, I know my family is extravagant...nuts! (as some have said:-)   Second, if you question how observant a three year old is...beware!  I am blessed abundantly by my sweet husband with or without a basket!

No comments: