Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Other highlights from the trip!

We stopped by Crewcuts to get some dry clothes for the boys before we headed to a movie. My kids love to read, so they didn't mind waiting on me for a few minutes.
I took the boys to the bathroom and then into the movie and left Brian in the concession line with Ella (who has not had a nap all day). I quickly realized what I had done and came out of the theater to find Brian like this:-) Don't worry Ella was slowly trailing behind him!
Ella like her mommy LOVES popcorn too! She didn't last the whole movie, but she lasted about half way. She did decide that she didn't really like us wearing the 3D goggles, she wanted all of them:-) She's been wearing them all week long!
We ended our night at FireSide Pies. We sat outside so we didn't have to wait too long, but it was worth the heat and the tired kids! We had a great night and everyone slept great!
We stayed at the Embassy Suites so after a yummy breakfast we headed to the indoor pool. The kids loved getting some swim time with their daddy!
Oh Haynes...
So here's how the rest of our day went...After swimming we headed to take baths before heading home. Haynes got in the bath and decided to shave his face with Brian's razor! I don't think I've ever seen that much blood, every towel we had was soaked in blood. We finally got his lip to stop bleeding and realized that it wasn't bad enough to head to the ER. He had a good slice and a piece cut out of his lip, but it stopped bleeding by the time we headed home.
You might think our adventure would end there, but it doesn't!
Brian announced our new Training School that will start in September at Celebration! After the service we were waiting around talking to people and Haynes fell while chasing a balloon. I heard him hit and knew it wasn't a good thing. When I picked him up I realized that his front tooth had been pushed back quite a bit. (I also learned that my weakness is teeth...and immediatly yelled for Brian!) After a quick call to Dr. Blum, he gave Brian a few instructions....After making sure his bite was okay, Brian had to pull the tooth back into place!!! Haynes has been pretty soar and really swollen, but praise Jesus we didn't lose a tooth!
What a day!

3 comments:

Meg said...

oh poor haynes!!! so glad you guys had a good trip! :)

Kerri said...

Ouch- teeth are definitely my weak point too. Wow-it makes me hurt just thinking about it :) Poor Haynes!

Melanie said...

Oh Sarah! I'm tired reading that! Sounds like it was a fun weekend despite the injuries! What a fun family vacation.