Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Little River Zoo

I took the kids to the Little River Zoo one afternoon because the weather has been absolutely AMAZING! This is where we started our tour with the turtles. Our guide's name was Sarah and my kids fell in love with her.
We had to leave the group at one point to take a bathroom break. We tried to find our way back to our group and accidently snuck up on the mountain lion cage. This animal came CHARGING at the boys and pounced on the cage. I'm not sure who screamed the loudest!!! Once we found the group Sarah tried to tell us that he just wanted to play, but I will be much more careful walking at the lake after seeing that!!!
Feeding the Kangeroos
yep...Ella did try the Kangeroo bread a few times:-)
This is the baby porcupine...the kids had a great time. My only complaint is that when we got home I found 5 ticks on myself...probably my worst nightmare! Gross!!!

No comments: