Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Telling our Friends!

Brian's FAVORITE thing is Ruth's cookies. I ordered some #4 cookies to celebrate and hand out to family and friends through out the weekend. They were definitely a hit!
Whitney has been helping me make little cards to mail to extended friends and family announcing our sweet little one. We attached 4 leaf clover suckers to the one's we just handed out!
We invited our friends over for pizza and walk to the new park around the corner. We just a few things set out so when they came in they immediately knew we were announcing our secret. Like we expected, not many people were surprised!
The boys went ahead and headed to the lake with Grandad and Jake for Labor Day. Brian, Ella, and I were coming down Sunday after house church. I drove the boys to the brick plant so they could ride the rest of the way with Bob and Jake. Haynes jumped out of the car and walked up to Bob and said, "Grandad! We are having a baby, but I can't tell you yet!" Bob just looked at us and started laughing! When I asked Haynes, "Did you just tell Grandad our secret?" He said, "No! I told him that I couldn't tell him yet!" Our expectations of the boys keeping the secret after that were about 0!

3 comments:

Shar said...

congrats sarah!!! so excited for you all!

the finley family said...

how exciting!!! yea for your growing family!! God is good!!

Luci said...

Yay Brian and Sarah! I'm so happy for your sweet family. We need more Hartsocks in the world. Congratulations! I'm praying for a blessed pregnancy the rest of the way through Sarah.