Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Friend of the Week


Port kept a secret for TWO weeks!  I was dropping him off at school on Monday and he said, "Mom will you walk me in?  I'm "friend of the week" this week!"  He had known since before Thanksgiving and decided to keep it a secret since I like secrets so much:-)  Friday was the big day, so I took him to breakfast to celebrate.  
*Friend of the week means that on Friday all the kids in the Kindie class draw a picture of Port and write down what they like about him.  At the end of the day Port gets to stand in the front of the class while his teacher reads everything everyone wrote about him.  For my little guy, who LOVES words of affirmation, it was truly his dream come true!
 These two boys are by far my favorite!  
I think Dax was as excited as Port was for his big day!
(Isn't that just like a best friend)
 Here are some of the things kids said about Port:
-He plays fair
-He loves his family
-He has pretty eyes
-He is good at helping the teachers
-He is cute (a few of these...)


1 comment: