Saturday, October 3, 2009

Prayer Furnace

Our church has started a "Prayer Furnace." Each house church is responsible for hosting a time of prayer for the church of Norman each week at the office. Our house church, Doulos, meets on Monday nights at 8:00 p.m. We have decided to bring our kids and stay as long as we can. I must admit that I expected our first week to last about 15 minutes, so we were pleasantly surprised when we lasted 45 minutes! The kids were drawing on the boards and Port came and pulled on Brian's shorts. He said, "Daddy! Jesus just said, 'DALE! DALE! I love your picture!" Isn't God so good! (He would refer to Port as Dale, because Port corrects almost anyone that he would like to be referred to as Dale?!?) As we were leaving I saw one of our students bent down praying with Port. I thought "B" was praying for Port, but when we left Port said Jesus told him to pray for B!" God is SO GOOD!

No comments: