Monday, January 18, 2010

Hapy Birthday Hartley!

A few weeks before Christmas we were discussing that Hartley's birthday is on New Year's Day, just like her puppies. The boys thought we should throw a birthday party for her, which we actually considered inviting our friends over because it would be so funny! Unfortunately with all the chaos of Christmas and New Year's we didn't plan a party...but the boys did go get her two LARGE bones for her birthday! I'm sure she thought it was the best birthday ever!!!

The other random picture is from when I took Hartley to "Hartley Hotel" as the kids call it! It is truly the most TRAMATIC car ride for Ella every time! I feel like I am reliving the movie "Marley and Me." Hartley get so excited and howls most of the ride (which terrifies Ella), then she will lay on the door until the window goes down. I quickly try to get the window up as she starts jumping out the window! As she gets in I manage to catch her nose in the window, which leads to a scream from all of us...again Ella is terrified! This scene is replayed almost every time we drop Hartley off!! Maybe I should get a sitter for Ella when we take Hartley to the dog hotel!:-)

1 comment:

Meg said...

poor Hartley! I must say I am laughing reading this!