Thursday, January 21, 2010

That Stinks!

This January I printed out my blog into book form and I absolutely LOVE it! My whole reason for starting a blog was because I thought it would be easier to keep track of the different things we are doing than a scrapbook. All that to say I have wanted to do a better job at logging some of the things that don't necessarily have pictures to go with them...

Haynes has a special gift...His nose can smell anything and he has ABSOLUTELY no grid for politeness when it comes to smells. He has been know for crawling in our beds anywhere between 4-5 a.m. and telling us our breath stinks. He has told my mom she smells, if he doesn't like what she's eaten! When we were in Park City Brian had spent an extra amount of time getting a Philly CheeseSteak Sandwich at a lunch place we stopped at on our way into Park City. Haynes was asleep in the car, but awoke to the oder of the sandwich. He was so offended by the smell Brian had to throw the sandwich away! (I am laughing just thinking about this story!) After finishing skiing on our last day, Haynes and I walked around the shops at the base of the mountain. We walked into one store and he started screaming, "I STINKS!" We quickly left the store. He is known for coming to check Ella's diapers, but leave gagging because of the smell (really...does Haynes have any room to gag at her?!?) Oh my, I love you Haynes Cole!
I've been reading that children laugh around 400x's a day and adults laugh about 40x's a day! I've been really trying to increase our amount of laughter everyday. I would say that Haynes gives us more material for laughter everyday! We pray more joy and laughter for you today!

4 comments:

the finley family said...

sarah!! i have never done it before but have thought about it many times... blurb.com has a program that you can download and turn your blog into a hardback book? i don't know anyone that has done it but it looks great! this may have been what you have done when you said you printed it out but just in case you hadn't heard of this blurb i thought i'd pass it along!! katie :)

myletterstoemily said...

what a fabulous idea! i am just going to steal it! :)

blessings,
lea

ps. give shelby and hailey a hug if you see them!
...and julie taylor, too!

Hartsock kids said...

Katie,
I used www.sharedbook.com this time, but I will look into the other as well. I thought it turned out pretty well, but always room for improvement:-) Thanks!
Sarah

the finley family said...

i'm going to look at that sharedbook website!! blurb just seems like it is going to take FOREVER! thanks!!
katie