Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Are you tired?!?

Usually on Tuesday's we pick Port up from school, grab a treat, and then head home for naps so that mommy can meet with girls. Today when we got home, no one seemed too interested in nap time. After listening to the boys play in their room for about an hour, I decide to go interrupt. (I push nap time on my kids because they are almost unbearable without them...if not today for sure tomorrow) I walk in to find them in the top bunk together giggling. So I decide to use a little Danny Silk (Loving Your Kids on Purpose) on them....
"Hey guys are you tired?" -mom
NO! - boys
"I have some things you could do if your not tired..." - mom
Great! - boys
"I need you to pick up the dog poop in the backyard"- mom
"Awesome! This is so much fun! You are the best mom in the whole world for letting us pick up the dog poop. Will you let us help you again!" -boys

So they didn't actually get the concept, but it made for a funny memory that's for sure! I also got the dog poop picked up, pack porch swept, upstairs cleaned, boys bedroom cleaned, and doors washed...didn't turn out so bad for me I guess!?!

3 comments:

Meg said...

this made me laugh...it sounds all too familiar! danny doesn't know MY kids b/c my kids see right through it!!!!!

Kerri said...

Awesome. I love that they were thrilled to pick up the poop.

Anonymous said...

oh, so classic! thanks for sharing. i love this stuff.