Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Date Night to Remember

 So after visiting the tailgate we ran home and dropped off our kids with two of the best sitters, Megan and Lauren.  We headed back to the game and noticed the weather looked a little questionable.  We ran into our seats as they say..."There will be a 30 minute delay of game."  Brian and I quickly assess that it will be a much longer delay than 30 minutes, so we head to a movie!!!
On the way Brian says "Don't let me forget to get gas when we get out of the movie"
FAMOUS LAST WORDS
 So we got out of the movie and I say, "Don't forget we need gas!"  As our car completely dies in the parking lot!  I obviously start laughing hysterically as we push our car back into it's spot and start walking to a gas station...I've only had a few experiences of doing this when I was in high school:-)
We get to a gas station and they give us a paper funnel and a gallon of water.  We dump the water out and buy a gallon of gas.  As we are walking back I remind Brian about when Marci and I tried this exact thing in high school and it didn't work at all....
Paper funnel is WORTHLESS in this situation.  We experienced a supernatural miracle because Brian just decides to check the back of the car for a funnel...since I usually carry a spare in my car?!?
There actually was a plastic funnel in the back of my car!!!

Oh it was such a fun and memorable date night with my sweet husband!  
I love laughing together:-)

1 comment:

The Caldwell Adventures said...

o my goodness i love this!! you two are so fun!