Friday, April 16, 2010

A few funny Port stories...

#1. "Smell This..."
I was putting all the kids in the bath the other night, while Brian was gone to prayer. Port was going to the bathroom while the other two were playing in the water. I ran and grabbed their pj's, and when I came back this is what I see... Port is standing in the bathtub holding his finger in Haynes nose saying, "Smell this!" I dramatically scream and Port responds by saying, "What I wanted him to smell it!" Oh my....

#2. "Don't Touch My Pipes"
Another bathtub story...We regularly throw all three kids into the bathtub at the same time. It's not only efficient, but they usually love it. We are entering a stage where Ella is quite curious about boy parts:-) The boys think it's pretty funny, most likely because of my reaction. The other night I was explaining that it's not okay for Ella to touch the boys private areas, because we don't want her to think it's okay to touch other people (along with so many other reasons...). As I turn to walk out of the bathroom Port says, "Ella! Don't touch my pipes!"

#3. "I felt your dots"
The last few weeks have been quite busy around here, to say the least! Our kids haven't been able to spend much quality time with their daddy lately and are definitely missing him. Port crawled into our bed at some point last night, neither Brian or I could really remember, not a great sign:-) This morning when he got up the first thing he said was, "Daddy, I felt your dots last night!" It took us a minute, but quickly realized that he was referring to his moles! (Port later explained that he got in bed with us because he wanted to cuddle with daddy because he was missing him!)

No comments: