Friday, April 16, 2010

StItChEs #2

Oh Haynes....
Wednesday afternoon we were out in the backyard enjoying the amazing weather. The boys had the hose out and were playing in the mud, while I was pulling weeds (Ella was asleep). Sounds pretty harmless, right?!? Suddenly I hear Haynes scream and then Port yell, "Haynes is bleeding!" I turn around to see Haynes foot completely covered in blood! I quickly get it cleaned enough to find the cut is on the bottom of his foot and REALLY deep! Lolli got here amazingly fast and we headed to the ER (for the second time in 2 weeks!). After a quick consultation with the doctor, we decided stitches were a better option for this 2 year old instead of glue. Haynes is truly the toughest kid I know! He didn't enjoy the numbing, but as soon as they were done he said, "I'm okay...can I sit up!"
Needless to say, we have 2 stitches in the bottom of his right foot. They said he can do whatever he wants, so he has! The first night he wouldn't walk on it, but now (2 days later) is playing soccer, jumping on trampolines, climbing everything, etc.

No comments: