Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Ella's Birthday Morning!

I just have to tell the story of Friday night because it's one we don't want to forget:-)
We put the boys on a fold out bed together and we thought we would let Ella try to sleep in our bed with us since she didn't seem too fond of the crib. After Brian and I sat in the hall for about 20 minutes I went in to find the boys in bed trying to sleep and Ella just sitting up talking to the boys! We put her in the crib for the next 30-45 minutes of screaming...I decided that most parents would go lay down with their kids to get them to sleep, so I tried it. Ella thought this was a great idea and couldn't stop talking. "Where's Haynes? Where's Jade? Where's Port?" My next move was to get help from Brian, so he came to bed and tried to lay down with her. In the process he knocked the phone off the table. Ella says, "What's that Daddy? What's that? Daddy, where's Haynes? etc" I cannot stop laughing because we can't get her to stop talking! After about 30 seconds of silence I look up and find Ella face to face with me and she says, "Love you mommy!" After saying, "I love you Ella!" she was moved back to the crib for about an hour of screaming!
When she finally fell asleep around 11:45ish we thought we had won....about 4:30 she got up again ready to chat! After finally going to sleep about 6ish, the boys were ready for action about 6:30...
What a night!!!
She LOVED her new shoes Daddy got her!
Opening gifts with the boys!

No comments: