Saturday, October 30, 2010

Few stories...

Haynes...
This week after Haynes surgery I sent ahead and had my mom keep Port and Ella the rest of the day to try and make Haynes "rest." It was such a fun day, not doing anything but loving on my sweet boy. We played games, watched Dora, read books, etc. My mom brought the other kids by to see Haynes and bring him some treats. While he was glad to see them and receive some attention after about 15 minutes he said, "Bye guys! It's time for you to leave!" I thought he would really want to leave with Lolli but he LOVED our special day. The last few days he keeps saying, "Mommy...we need to have another day just the two of us."
Love him!

Port...
We went to a carnival last night with some friends. One of the men handing out candy was dressed really scary. I could tell that he was a little cautious, but I thought I would just sit back and see how he responded. He kinda paused and looked at the man for a minute, then he took a deep breathe and walked up to him and said "Trick or Treat please." The man kindly gave him some candy and Port walked over to me. I asked him how it went and he said, "I was kinda scared of the man when I saw him, but then I remembered Jesus is always with me. I didn't have any reason to be scared." That's right Port Robert! I love watching him learn to walk through that process without prompting from me...he is getting so big!

Ella...
Ella has started requiring that I put her to bed every night. When we go in her room she asks me to rock her in her chair, sing "Oh, how I love Jesus" to her a few times. I LOVE getting to rock my sweet baby girl for just a few minutes. I always tell her that she is my favorite little girl in the whole world. Today I said, "Don't forget that you are my favorite little girl." As I laid her down she kept saying, "I won't forget mommy. I won't forget mommy."

1 comment:

brittany said...

that makes me cry! YOu have the sweetest kids in the world...oh, and i think you're a really great mom too.