Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Apnea Machine

Brian told me that I needed to make sure and take a picture of our apnea machine. I disagreed completely, but then he made the point that we would probably not even remember this little season. This is the machine that can make the loudest and most aweful sound you have ever heard. Everyone described it to me like that and I thought they were being dramatic, but they weren't! It tells us if her heart rate gets too low or too high, or if it has stopped for a significant amount of time.
The cord goes to a little belt that is wrapped around her tiny chest. I can take it off for baths, but we really wear it 24 hours a day. I am using an old purse for a diaper bag because it has a divider in it, so the apnea machine has it's own compartment. We have laughed because Brian will carry her until I look over at how funny he looks carrying a purse. He proposes that I carry the purse and he'll carry the baby, but then we have a wire hanging between us which is even funnier! Angie thought it was a leash...which is a great comparison! Halle literally isn't usually more than a cord length away from me. I feel extravagantly blessed because this hasn't felt heavy at all, but we will be SO excited when we get rid of it!!

Halle has broken most of my "newborn rules." She has slept in our room in a cradle until this week. I always just put my babies in their beds immediately, especially since I am literally in the next room. We are significantly more aware of feeding and not really pushing her too much, I really do feed every 2.5 hours. I haven't let her cry things out much, she hasn't really needed to thankfully! The only thing that she really gets upset about is if I don't burp her very well...Brian has learned this the hard way:-)

No comments: