Thursday, March 10, 2011

Halle Beth

Halle Beth...what a week!

Sunday:
Halle started to get a little cold last weekend. Sunday her congestion was getting significantly worse, to the point that Sunday night I headed to the ER. On my way to the ER I prayed for favor with the nurses and doctors. Halle and I were admitted and in a room in about 5 minutes! They did a RSV & flu test, chest x-rays, and all that came back perfect. They drained her congestion and sent us home, determining that she just had bad congestion.
Monday:
Halle's breathing was getting worse and I was about to loose my mind! Her breathing was so struggled that I knew something had to be wrong. Her tummy had gotten swollen and she would throw up after I would feed her. Monday night she was so bad Brian and I would take turns holding her instead of sleeping!
Tuesday:
I called the doctor saying I just had to bring her in and let them look at her. I felt like the Lord told me not to take Ella (the boys were at school). I was praying on my way to the office that my doctors would be on my side, love my daughter well, and clarity for her problem. I felt clearly that the Lord said to "Trust Him!" When I walked in they we beyond helpful and compassionate that something wasn't right with my daughter. After evaluating her they decided that they were going to admit Halle into the hospital. They were determining where (Children's or Norman and NICU or pediatric). Dr. Stacey came in and said I needed to get the the hospital ASAP and there was a doctor waiting to do an emergency upper GI on Halle. I called Brian and he headed home ASAP!
Her upper and lower GI tests came back perfect, praise the Lord! They were beyond concerned that there was a blockage in her intestines which would be life threatening. We still had a problem of bloated tummy, throwing up, and awful congestion. They sent us home but told us if anything alerted us to go back to the hospital and they would admit us...meaning another night of holding Halle:-)
Wednesday:
We had an early appointment with Dr. Stacy. Halle had gained weight, her tummy had reduced in size by 2 inches, she threw up milk instead of bile...Praise GOD! She sent us to a ENT to check her throat.
Thursday:
We went to our early appointment and they had us head to Children's Hospital. They did a scope on Halle's throat and there was so much congestion they had to drain her and do it again! Halle was the toughest kid I know! They determined that she has layrngomalacia.

Laryngomalacia is the most common cause of "noisy breathing" in babies after the newborn period. This disorder may become obvious as early as the first two weeks of life, with noisy, raspy breathing while taking a breath in . At first the noise simply sounds like nasal congestion, but it occurs without nasal secretions. This type of "noisy breathing" is known as stridor and has a high pitched, harsh quality. The stridor is usually absent with the child is at rest and becomes more prominent when the infant is lying on his/her back, crying, feeding,excited or has a cold. The stridor usually is at it’s worst around six months and then gradually improves. Most children are symptom free by 24 months.

We know that God has had His hand on Halle Beth all week long! We are believing that she will be healed and no longer struggle to breathe in the name of Jesus. We are super thankful for all the prayers this week. God has been so near to us, we have been overwhelmed by His peace! We are thankful for answers, but know that that doesn't have to be our truth. As my kids say, "There is no laryngomalacia in Heaven, so Jesus definitely doesn't want Halle to have it here on earth either!"

1 comment:

Luci said...

Sarah,

Your week with Halle just broke my heart! I'm so glad they found out what was going on with her. I wanted to let you know I'm praying specifically for her breathing to improve and for energy for you and Brian both.