Friday, December 18, 2009

30 years of Christmas Candy!

My mom, Lori, and her best friend from high school, Laurie, have been making Christmas candy together for the last 30 years! They trade off houses, eat lunch together and make candy. (There used to be cheesy shirts involved, but they've left that tradition behind) Our family LOVES the candy! She always asks for our orders the night before, Brian and Josh can't answer quick enough. We stopped by to say hello and of course my kids wanted in on the action! They were gracious enough and we left pretty quickly.
I have to say that I am really amazed that they have done this every year for 30 years. As I raise my 3 little ones, seems like that would be quite difficult to fit that in. (Did I mention that Laurie has 1 boy and twin daughters?) What an amazing demonstration of faithful friends!

No comments: