Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Visiting the North Pole

Santa telling the Christmas Story
Ella being shy...her new thing
Riding the train

I have been feeling the tension of Santa lately, and really wanting my kids to celebrate Jesus this season. We were driving to the North Pole on Friday and I just started asking the kids about Christmas and why we celebrate. I just reaffirmed that we love doing fun traditions but Jesus is really our focus. We decided to spend the rest of our drive thanking Jesus for different things. I started off by just thanking Jesus for my great kids, a wonderful husband, and then Port stopped me. He said, "Mom, I want to go first. Jesus I am so thankful that you were born so that you could die for my sins. I'm thankful that you live in my heart and that we get to celebrate you this year. I love you Jesus because you are SO good!" Needless to say, I am a puddle in the front seat truly praising Jesus that my 4 year old gets it! Not because of anything we have done but because of how good He is!!
*if you are interested in going to see a Santa...we LOVE going to North Pole City. Santa tells the story of Christmas and emphasizes that there would be no Santa without Jesus! He is great!

No comments: