Sunday, December 27, 2009

Christmas Eve and SnOw!!!

The snow was past your knees on our front walk way! Brian and Port cleared a path just in time for the wind and more snow to completely cover it again!
We baked all morning...sugar cookies, brownie bites, etc
These are some of mom's cookies, I had a creativity outburst in the middle of the day:-)
The boys made some too, but I didn't get a picture of all of those. I'm sure you can imagine all the icing and sprinkles that covered them!
Last year I didn't have any snow clothes for the kids. This year I found snow clothes early and bought them just in case...and we are also going skiing in a few weeks. The boys were so excited to get their snow gear on and head to the snow.
I put one gift under the tree for each of the boys on Christmas Eve.
They were so excited when they discovered them!!

This year Christmas was spread out over a 1 week period, which at first seemed a little overwhelming but actually was really nice. Christmas Eve we are usually running from the Hartsock's to get naps and head off to the next Christmas. The kids were so excited that it was going to snow, but I wasn't convinced that it was going to do too much...man was I wrong!?! We never left the house, so it was a wonderful day enjoying the beautiful snow and peaceful time together. Brian came home from work early...it couldn't have been more perfect!!!

No comments: