Sunday, December 27, 2009

Christmas Morning

The kids enjoying Granma's cinnamon rolls in their new teepee!
Brian got a guitar for Christmas. He had to do a scavanger hunt to find the end gift...it even took him through the snow:-) We can't wait to hear you play, we are expecting worship next year on Christmas morning!
Kristin's husband got stuck at work because of the snow and then had to work another shift, so she came and did Christmas morning with us. It was so fun combining family and friends on Christmas morning. We loved getting to spend this special time together! We love you Kristin!!
Ella Rose was SO tired, we couldn't wake her up! We started around 7, but she didn't move until around 8:30...sleeping beauty!
We were sure that the boys would be up at 5 a.m. but we were wrong! They woke up about 7 a.m. Brian and I were standing outside the door listening to Port sing
"Good morning God,
this is your day,
I am your child,
show me your way."
We went in and told them we would count to 3 and they could come out, here they come!!!

This might be one of our favorite Christmas's so far...I'm sure it will only get better. I felt like my boys really understood that Christmas is about Jesus. On Christmas morning we usually read the Christmas story, but as Brian was getting ready to read Port announced that he wanted to tell the story. It was probably my favorite part of Christmas, to hear his genuine excitement and love for the story of baby Jesus...priceless! (Maybe I can figure out the video and put it on here) Also they seemed to have genuine grateful hearts. Don't get me wrong...could they want for anything more...probably not:-) But I honestly believe that they really are understanding the concept of having a grateful heart. Thank you Jesus for good fruit!!

No comments: