Monday, February 21, 2011

Hunger stirs up Hunger...

Lately the Lord has been speaking to me about how "hunger stirs up hunger." I've been processing this more on a corporate level, but the Lord has been showing us hunger in our sweet 5 year old.
This week on our way to BSF Port started our conversation with "Jesus doesn't have a dad because He and God are the same thing..." (Jesus give me wisdom and grace...and keep my other two little ones quiet for a little bit!) I decided to drive through and get coffee so we could have some extra car chat time.
I explained that it can be a little confusing but while God, Jesus, and the Holy Spirit are the same thing...God is our father, that's why we call him "Papa, Daddy, etc." His next question was "if they are the same then why did Jesus come to earth." So we walked through how when Adam and Eve took the fruit from the tree they allowed sin into the earth. God sent his son Jesus to be the sacrifice (like how they sacrificed animals in the OT) so that we could be free from sin. "Oh yeah mom, that's why Jesus had to die on the cross and then be raised from the dead!"
Next question..."when was the Holy Spirit born?" Well Port, I'm not really sure but when Jesus was raised and came back to earth he told the disciples that he was going to go be with the father and he was sending us a helper...the Holy Spirit. "So what does the Holy Spirit look like?" I don't really know what the Holy Spirit looks like, what do you think? "I think he's blue and white."
Then I started talking to him about how I haven't ever seen the Holy Spirit, but I can feel when he is with me...As I started describing different ways that I know the HS is with us he stopped me and said, "Mom I know when he is with us...he's here right now!"
This is just a little segment of our sweet conversation that might be one of my most favorite moments with Port yet. I know the Holy Spirit was with us because Haynes and Ella NEVER spoke a word! It's moments like this that really nothing feels like it can even compare to being a mommy to these sweet kids. I truly believe that Port is stirring up a hunger in our family, community and eventually the nations!

1 comment:

Sally Mitzner said...

This brought tears to my eyes, how sweet! Port sounds like such a smart little boy. I know how polite all of your kids are--you're such a great mom! Congratulations on your new addition tomorrow! Lots of prayers for a healthy mommy and baby! :)