Sunday, February 6, 2011

Lake

Our family decided to stay Sunday and just spend the day together-maybe the best decision of the year! We got to spend the rest of the day playing, hiking, cooking, and enjoying uninterrupted family time.
Port and I took a hike on Saturday afternoon and I had to keep track of some of our sweet conversations. We started walking and he informs me that we are looking for people to pray for and tell about Jesus. I started leading him down our normal walking path and we started discussing how there is a woman that doesn't like for us to walk on her road and we have to honor her. He stops and looks at me and says, "Do you think she would like it if we told her she couldn't walk on our road by our house? The bible tells us to to treat others the way we want to be treated...I don't think she would want to be treated the way she treated you. That's a really hard lesson to learn for me, but she needs to work on that!" I had been just feeling like I needed to push him a little in the things God's gifted him. It was super sweet to see him learning to apply God's word to his life.
He decided he didn't want me to lead he wanted to lead us on a "hike." I started to follow him wondering where he would lead, but he was COMPLETELY confident in where he was going. He took me to a new spot and lead me to a ravine he wanted to hike up. He would stop every few minutes to check and see how I was doing. Eventually I was pulling myself up by the roots of a tree and I told him that we were going to have to head back to the road...it wasn't wise for me (a very pregnant mommy) to hike. He found a bench and made me sit down and rest. Then we headed back and he never got lost! It was absolutely amazing watching him become the leader I know that he is. It was maybe my most favorite moment with Port of all times...my baby is growing up!

No comments: