Thursday, February 24, 2011

Last day as a family of 5!!

Tomorrow is the big day!
We finally get to meet the newest member of our little family and we just can't wait! I couldn't hardly sleep last night because of excitement to see what God has in store for our family. I have been beyond blessed over the last few weeks- I have felt GREAT! I feel like the Lord has really given me a gift of being able to enjoy these last few weeks of pregnancy and really love my family as we prepare for our little one.
Here's a little glimpse into our family today...tomorrow it will look much different I'm sure:

Port-
Brian has been meeting with a lot of people in the mornings lately and Port decided he doesn't like the idea of mommy being by myself while we are waiting on the baby. Port will get up at 5 am and come get in bed with me, to make sure someone is with me at all times. What a sweet protector!
He's stepping into the stage of not taking naps everyday. He absolutely LOVES missing his naps although he really loves a 3 hour nap the next day too! He's been playing basketball with the big kid neighbors during nap time lately, while mom keeps an eye on him through the window:-) He's quite the helper around the house...always makes his bed before he leaves his room, feeds hartley, does his dishes, and quick to respond when asked to try a new thing.
He is pretty convinced this week that we are having a boy, but has gone back and forth throughout the entire pregnancy. He was completely right with Ella, so we will see if his most recent guess of a boys is correct tomorrow.

Haynes-
Haynes really loves his mommy and daddy! It can switch who is his most favorite, but I think mommy wins the award right now. I can't leave him without him telling me how much he is going to miss me, it makes him sad when I'm gone, and then a long hug and kiss to our baby. (I wish I had a picture of that!)
He plays harder than any kid I know, but when it comes time to sleep he is the hardest kid to get out of bed. We are having a hard time getting up from naps right now, no matter how long they are...Once he is down he would just assume sleep for the night! The problem with that is that his bedtime would be around 7 pm! He loves Port more than anything and loves getting to play basketball with him and the big kids (jake and tripp). He's the sweetest, most gentle, boy's boy that I know! There is something about his love for babies and animals that is so endearing! Haynes usually refers to the baby as a girl, but will change if he thinks Port doesn't agree:-) He likes to refer to the baby as "Sweety."

Ella Rose-
Ella gets more fun every single day! She is constantly keeping me on my toes, but you just can't help fall in love with her. She should have a camera on her at all times between her responses, faces, dances, etc. She is always entertaining!
Her new favorite thing is fixing your hair with a little kit JuJu got her. I love watching the boys sit so still and let her fix their hair while watching a quiet time video in the morning. It reminds me of dressing Josh up in costumes and makeup....they are great brothers! She is pretty much potty training herself, which who could complain! She has a real sensitivity to praying for healing, it feels different than any of my kids. She is quick to pray for other, ask for prayer, and celebrate victories all on her own without prompting.
Ella is the most consistent with calling this new baby a "GURL." She loves to see my belly, kiss it, and talk to her new baby sister. Last week I asked her what she wanted to name the baby girl and her response was, "A boy!"
We will soon find out!

No comments: