Sunday, June 27, 2010

Day Outreaches

This is another mall that we went to during the day. It had an amusement park in it! There were tea cups, airplane rides, obstacle course, etc. The kids loved it! I loved that I got to ride the tea cups with my kids, it was AWESOME! Cathleen, Melanie, and I went looking for treasure and decided that store clerks alone in their store were perfect candidates! (Can't ask for a more captive audience) We had a little bit of luck with that, but had a great time trying! I love those girls!
We came to this park a lot too. During our second week we decided that Port should get some time with some of the All-Stars on our team. He got to spend the afternoon with Drew, Will, and Evan. They were able to pray for a lot of different men and saw some of them healed. When you ask Port what his favorite thing he did in Lebanon was, this event is it...so fun I got a picture! Ryan and I were walking and praying over the park. She felt like we were suppose to pour water in the dry fountain as a prophetic act...I LOVE IT! We did and immediately there was a breeze that came through the park and we both had words of knowledge for a woman that resonated...she didn't let us pray. We LOVED this park!
This is a picture coming home from the women's beach one day. We headed out for the beach with a big crew, but kids usually had to leave before everyone else. So we crammed in a cab (usually just me and the kids), I passed out as many treats as I could find, and we rode for about 30 minutes in a cab back to our hotel. We knew before we came on the trip that God had clearly told us to take Ella with us. This precious little girl would bring women and children by the groups to encounter us. I can't even begin to explain the way God used her. Mary and I laughed because at one point I had to go check on the boys and a woman came running up to the pool and yelled, "Darling!!! You can't leave! I've just come to meet you!"
The malls were air-conditioned so we took a few day trip to some different malls. Their malls had amazing kid areas! The kids absolutely loved playing here, completely won the heart of the guy overseeing the playground, and Brian and I had some great encounters while trading off watching the kids.
The man knew all the kids by name, but by the end he was calling them SuperMan and SharkBoy:-) If you know my kids they love to pretend....I think they even gave him a name!
To play in the area you had to have socks on...You will be shocked to know that the boys were actually wearing socks that day, but I had to run out and buy Ella some socks. We had a group of girls and guys come with us to the malls too! They usually got to be apart of our cab ride melt down with Ella...WOW!
This is a picture of the kids outside the women's beach. You can't take pictures inside the women's beach...so we just took one while we were waiting for the cab. Port was a draw for all the 7-12 year old girls. I just took Port to the beach one day and he wanted to swim in the deep pool. When he jumped in about 10 girls came running to help him swim. He didn't really enjoy them trying to hold him in the water, but quickly created a game of jumping in the pool together. I got to share Jesus with them and they asked if I was Port's sister!?!? Another group of girls asked if I was 12 or 15 when we were at the beach...usually being told you look younger is really fun. I'm not so sure about 15?!?

No comments: