Sunday, June 27, 2010

A few random...

This is a gross picture of how dirty my feet got one day...I mean really!?! It gave a great lead into the story of Jesus washing the disciples feet for my kids...WOW!
A man stood on our street corner and sold these gardenias. We bought some the first night and then he just started giving them to us. We would tell the boys that those are Granma's favorite flowers and she carried them in our wedding. Ella loved them and managed to pull them apart completely on our walk...
This was our first team dinner. We ate at a great Lebanese Restaurant in Downtown Beirut. Ella loved the grape leaf wraps...the boys loved the toilets:-)
Rebecca was an amazing helper! When I had used all my resources she always managed to show up and entertain for another 10 minutes. Ella LOVED singing "Little Bunny Foo Foo" with her.
We loved Kelly and baby Rivers. He is absolutely adorable! Ella was in heaven with so many sweet babies around. I loved getting some time with Kelly. She is amazing and I can't wait to spend more time together.
This is our closet. We hung some of the pictures the kids painted during worship, some of the crafts Aunt Kourtney sent with us, our weekly memory verse, and other fun things here.
This was our last morning in Lebanon. We took the kids downtown to have breakfast at a fun little restaurant. We loved the breakfast but this is a funny story...Brian went across the street to get coffee from Starbucks. I went a back to get some cream for my coffee and there were three Starbucks employees standing at the window. They said "You have three BEAUTIFUL children, will you bring them over here so we can kiss them?" I laughed and said yes! We went back over and they were all ready with cameras. They gave Ella a sucker that she shared with the boys the rest of the morning:-)
It's hard to tell from this picture, but Ella decided to try and crawl out of the pack-n-play. She landed on her head on the marble floor. It was one of the worst bumps I've ever seen! Thank you Jesus for your protection over our little ones!
We are waiting outside the bar that we had our morning meetings in. My kids fell in LOVE with Valerie- she was absolutely amazing! This bar was a great location for us, but I definitely don't miss the roaches, mice, or smell. I do love that every morning Port would ask if we were going back to church!
Some of the girls got to come to a local farmers market on the last afternoon. I got some fun soaps and olive oil for gifts. I bought some fresh bread and jelly for a treat for my family. It was AMAZING!
Our last night we had dinner at Chilli's...the longterm team's favorite! Notice that Haynes is sitting by Mary, we had to arrange seating around Haynes and Mary. On our last night we saw 13 people healed! We had a team go to a hospital and pray over every patient...there are some AMAZING stories from that!

No comments: