Sunday, June 27, 2010

Jordan and Trey's Rehearsal Dinner

Jordan and Trey asked the boys to be their ring bearers in the wedding. My boys were absolutely thrilled to be apart of their wedding. Brian and I also were readers in the wedding, so it was quite a family affair! The fun thing is that 7 years ago Jordan was a member of my house party...isn't God so good! This is a picture of my boys waiting so patiently for their big moment. Trey's mom was so sweet to get the boys some fun gift bags with coloring books, markers, and best of all Toy Story action figures:-)
Jordan and Trey decided that they wanted the boys to carry the REAL wedding rings down the isle! This is a picture of me explaining to the boys that they have the MOST IMPORTANT ROLE in the WHOLE wedding!!! We did lots of practice putting the rings in our pockets, walking down the isle, and handing them to me. This is such a sweet picture of Jordan with the boys...they absolutely LOVE her!
They made it down the isle and are handing the rings off to Trey and G! I think they are pretty cute! They held each other's hands walking down the isle during rehearsal, we'll see how they do with 350 of their closest friends watching:-)
The boys were invited to come to the Rehearsal Dinner with us too! We got to sit at a table with Gerod and Kerri which was super fun. Jordan and her mom got all the kids sweet gifts. These are Cow Banks and they also had a little bag of money to put in the bank...needless to say they LOVED it! They also really loved the Trey's favorite strawberry short cake, I think they both went back for seconds.
We got back from Lebanon on Sunday night and this is Thursday night. Our goal all week was to get over jet lag, but we had a few set backs...like the night the boys got up and played from 2-4:30 am! So when it came time to do toasts my boys got pretty cuddly. Kerri held Port and I held Haynes. You can't see from this picture but I have slobber running down my arm! It was such a fun night to honor and bless Trey and Jordan. They are an amazing couple that God has great plans for, thanks for letting us be such a special part of it!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so impressed that the boys made it to the end of the rehearsal dinner. They must have been exhausted! Trey and I felt so honored that you all were a part of the wedding. We love you guys!

benilhalk said...

Elated to know about your dinner. Want to share my experience of Christmas party at one and New Year party at another San Francisco venues last year. Scenic location and Dj was arranged. Liked the exquisite dinner menu. Danced to the last beat of music. Flowers, drinks and cake were highly praiseworthy.