Sunday, June 27, 2010

Family Day!

We decided to take a Family Day. The kids had been doing amazing, but after 7 days of pushing hard we thought we would give them a break. We called the hotel that we stayed at the last time we were in Beirut and paid to swim at the pool for the day. It was a great treat for all of us! This is at the end of our day, we spent a little time at the beach. Our boys have learned about sand, salt water, and swimsuits don't always make the best combination...so we didn't stay real long:-)
We ate lunch by the pool. We ordered the kids a fruit plate and the devoured it! It was so funny to see them missing fresh fruit so much. We ate a little bit of fruit that we could peel, but I tried to err on the cautious side...(I would rather not have stomach problems with my little ones) Ella LOVED the chicken fingers here...I think she ate all of them!
This is the fun kids pool. The boys quickly made some friends and played with them for a while. It was really fun telling the boys that this was where we played with Kooper when we came the last time. They LOVE hearing stories-everytime we got in a cab they would ask anyone with us to tell them a story. Mary, Cathleen, Rebecca, Ryan, Kelly, and many others were GREAT story tellers!
We started off our family day with breakfast at Starbucks. This Starbucks was labeled by Brian and Justin as the best starbucks they had ever been to...we completely agreed once we got there! It was three stories and beautiful. Port really wanted to eat on the top story which we agreed to if no one was up there...he came running down saying we could eat up there. When I got up there our team was all spread out having time with Jesus...oh well!?!
I got to get up a few mornings and meet mom's here. It was probably one of my most favorite things I got to do! These women are absolutely amazing! They are new mom's thriving in a new culture and winning people to Jesus. I felt so honored to see their hearts for Lebanon, let them pour into my kids, challenge me, and get to know their amazing hearts! I love and really miss you ladies!

No comments: