Monday, July 12, 2010

Blessing Breakfast

Brian and I read a book called "The Blessing" a few years ago. It talked about how most people go their entire lives without receiving a blessing from their parents. We decided that "5" was an age that we really wanted to make a big deal about and really bless Port. We asked a few guys to meet Brian and Port for breakfast on Friday morning. Each of the guys came with something to tell Port what they see in him and what God is speaking over him.
They all met at Ozzie's and had pancakes...Port had 9!!!
Thanks:
Jake Bauer, Brian Emery, Josh Waggner, Alex Benton, Gerod Grigor, and Justin LeBeau!!! We love living in community and words don't really express how much we appreciate you pouring into our little man.
When I asked Port what was his favorite part about breakfast he said, "When all the dudes told me what God sees in me..."

1 comment:

Melanie said...

Sarah,

I love this and will definetly adopt this idea for our family! I'm sure Port soaked up every bit of his special day! He looks so proud!