Friday, July 31, 2009

First Family Trip

The boys insisted on carrying bags, great training huh?!
We left Thursday night from OKC and drove to Joplin, Missouri. We pulled in around 10:45ish and were trying to get kids in bed around 11:00. I was really sick, so absolutely no help to Brian. We had two full size beds in the same room and Haynes could not understand why he couldn't sleep with us. I rolled over to find Haynes climbing into our bed! Brian is about to give in to his request when Port comes climbing in, because if Haynes is going to do it then he is too! I laughed so hard I cried!!! Eventually Brian took the boys to their bed and fell asleep with them. And guess what time my sweet boys were up...6:30 a.m. :-)
Branson Bass Pro...ROAR!
Our first stop on our way into Branson must be the Original Bass Pro Shop. I have many memories of visiting Brian at kamp and thinking "why are we going through here again?" The boys loved it, but we were disappointed that most things were under construction. With these kids who needs exhibits when there are wild animals displayed all over the store!
Riding the ducks....Haynes quickly fell asleep!
Brian and I both had sweet memories of Riding the Ducks, so we were sure that was something the kids had to do. As we boarded the bus/boat they informed us our ride was 70 minutes long! That was not part of our memory! Port loved riding the duck and actually got to drive the boat once we were in the water. Haynes fell asleep after about 10 minutes, but at least we got a small nap in him!
Next we headed to Kamp and made a stop at the blueberry farm! The boys loved picking blueberries, I think Haynes ate everything he picked. We got to enjoy some blueberry frozen yogurt and muffins at the end. They sell cookbooks with their recipes, so I can't wait to make some muffins!
Our last stop for the day was K-West. We got to spend a little time with Ward and his boys Michael and A.J. My boys LOVED kamp! I can only imagine that they will be like their daddy and not want to come home. Only a few more years....they say age 6 but I don't know if mommy will be ready for that yet!
I must tell that Saturday morning my kids woke up at 9:00 a.m!!! I woke up startled at 8:20 and Brian said "Don't move! I've been awake since 6 and I can't believe they are still asleep!" We ate muffins for breakfast from the blueberry farm and then headed to Silver Dollar City!
The boys were so excited that VeggieTales were going to be at Silver Dollar City. It was our first stop once we were in the park. They both absolutely loved it!
They had a kids area set up with different crafts you could do. We made some gooey play-dough, which the boys LOVE. There were so many fun projects that both the boys enjoyed doing. There were also great rides that both kids could do! We thought we would only be there for a few hours, but quickly realized we could have spent at least one full day there!
Branson has a new Riverwalk area where we stayed. We had dinner and walked around, it has a great family atmosphere. There is a great water and fire show every hour so we timed it so we could have ice cream and sno cones during the show.
It was a great family trip, but we missed our sweet little girl a ton! The boys talked to strangers about their sister! Brian and I would catch ourselves waiting for her cry after the ROARING contests in the car! We are abundantly blessed!

No comments: